Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reusing Christmas Card Series - Making a simple ornament for your tree

This is probably one of the easiest craft ideas out there. I have seen people do it before so I am going to write about it today. It doesn't matter what type of Christmas card you use as long as you are ok with cutting it.

In this activity you will be cutting the card, a picture from that card that will be a hanging decoration for your tree.

You will need:
- An old Christmas card
- Scissors
- Yarn or Sewing needle
- Thread

Step 1) Cut out the picture that will be used for your ornament (No picture for this, I somehow manged to delete it. Sorry!)

Step 2) Thread your needle and then carefully use the needle to make a small hole through the top of the picture.



Step 3) Once the thread is through, cut the needle free and tie a double knot. (No picture for this either apparently. Anyways it is easy enough to tie a knot)





I put it on the tree, I figured since it is homemade it has to go on there. You may notice to the left a Santa hanging card piece to, I found my boyfriends initials on that from 1996! So he must of made it in school :)

Stay tuned for the next post which will appear on Tuesday, December 6th!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like this idea, but I think I would cut the picture out just because they take up more room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is a good idea to cut just the tree in this picture out of the square, since it gives it shape. However I will admit I was lazy and just cut it that way. Good point though :)

    ReplyDelete